Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Chanhassen’s Response to COVID-19

Chanhassen's City Hall, Public Works Building, Rec Center and Senior Center are open to the public. Residents are still encouraged to call or email City staff with any City-related questions or business whenever possible. Utility bill payments that cannot be mailed may be placed either in the outdoor drop box or just inside City Hall at the front desk. Visitors to City buildings will be required to wear masks per the governor's mandate and maintain six feet of separation between themselves and other individuals. Hand sanitizer will be made available to all visitors.

Building Closures & Affected Activities

  • The Recreation Center is open with modified hours and new safety procedures:
    • Monday-Friday, 7:00am-8:00pm
    • Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm
    • Closed Sundays
  • The Senior Center is open with modified hours and new safety procedures. Some activities have resumed. Modified hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 3:30PM and Friday from 9AM-noon. 
  • Some Parks & Recreation events and programming have resumed, but virtual programming also remains available on city website. Reservations for park shelters and picnic areas for groups of 25 or less have also resumed. 
  • Please call City Hall with any questions: 952.227.1100

City and Public Meetings

  • City meetings have resumed as normal, but they may also still be viewed live electronically. For City Council meetings: details on how HERE. For Planning Commission meetings: details on how HERE. For Park and Recreation Commission meetings, watch the meeting online at or on Mediacom Cable Channel 107.2).
  • As the Mayor, City Council and City Staff continue to evaluate and determine essential and non-essential City functions, the City’s website and social media pages will be updated to reflect those determinations. 

Department Information & Impacted Services

Carver County Sheriff’s Office:

  • The Carver County Sheriff’s Office is maintaining the same levels of service with the exception of responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms.

Engineering and Public Works:

  • Public bid-openings will take place as scheduled. Groups will be limited to 25 people.
  • Please call 952-227-1160 with any engineering questions, or 952-227-1300 for Public Works questions.

Fire Dept:

  • No commercial fire inspections or community CPR/AED training will be scheduled.
  • The fire department will not be responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms.

Parks and Recreation:

  • Recreation Programs – Most recreation programs scheduled for city facilities are cancelled until further notice. Some activities have resumed, however. 
  • For Parks and Recreation questions--including program registration--please call 952-227-1100.

Planning and Zoning:

  • Land-use applications are being accepted, and business has resumed as normal.
  • For planning and zoning questions, please call 952-227-1130.


  • COVID-19 does not present any additional risk to individuals through water supply or wastewater (More information from the CDC can be found here).
  • Utility payments can be made via mail, online, in person, or in the drop boxes located both inside and outside City Hall.
  • For utility billing questions, please call 952-227-1144.

For additional questions please contact Interim City Manager Heather Johnston at 952-227-1119 or Assistant City Manager Jake Foster at: 952-227-1118.

Who to call?

Business Maximum Occupancy Information

Carver County’s Response to COVID-19

**Six ways you and your family can reduce coronavirus stress**

Updated 8/5/20