How does a new resident sign up for utility billing?
All new residents of the City of Chanhassen need to complete a New Resident Application and return it to city hall. This application is necessary to ensure the correct resident is receiving the bills for services rendered at the properties located within the City of Chanhassen. Any questions can be directed to the Utility Billing Department at (952) 227-1144, or email
New Resident Application

Show All Answers

1. How does a new resident sign up for utility billing?
2. How often do I receive a utility bill?
3. How can I pay my utility bill?
4. What services am I being billed for?
5. I own an empty piece of land, why do I still receive a bill?
6. Why am I getting charged for a storm water management fee if I'm not connected to water?
7. How can I check that my bill is accurate?
8. It's the first bill of the year, why did my sewer charge go up?
9. How is my consumption listed on the bill?
10. I haven't used any water, how come I'm still getting a bill?
11. How do I cancel my utility service if I am moving out of my residence?
12. Why is my bill higher than usual?
13. How is my water and sewer rate calculated?